Fire & Stone - Best Pizza in Town

12.3.13



I love pizza. Like REALLY love pizza. And two years ago I stumbled upon a pizza gem that has become a firm favourite. 



Fire & Stone is tucked away within Spitalfields market, surrounded by other chain restaurants. It's easy to forget F&S are a chain and I often do mainly because they have two things that most chains don't - good service and excellent, fresh food. 

One night after work my friend Elaine and I headed to Fire & Stone. Elaine hadn't been in a while and I never take much persuading to go for a visit. 

We were greeted by a super friendly waitress who gave us a lovely table in the window so we were able to see all the stall-holders packing up and the general hustle and bustle of the market. 



We ordered a bottle of white wine and to start a vegetarian sharing board which included crispy butternut ravioli, fried zucchini sticks, parmesan flatbread strips, rocket, mozzarella and tomato salad, houmous, tomato salsa and olives (£9.95). As if that wasn't enough we also ordered a calamari - my favourite starter at F&S (£5.95). 

It was all YUM especially the fried zucchini sticks. 





Next up - the main course. Choosing a pizza at F&S is never easy. With so many unique flavours to choose from, and all sounding delicious, it's hard to decide which ones to go for. For me though it has to be the Sans Sebastian - chorizo, mozzarella, roast garlic and rosemary potatoes, roasted red peppers topped with garlic mayo (£9.95). 

Don't turn your nose up at potatoes on a pizza. Trust me, it works. Double carb heaven! My housemate always says F&S pizzas are like having a meal on top of a pizza. She isn't wrong and it's not necessarily a bad thing. That's why I love F&S so much! 



As always the pizza was delicious. The flavours really work together and you can tell the ingredients are all fresh. 
After pizza and the huge starter we were full. Really full. So I'm not sure why but we found ourselves ordering dessert - dough strips and Nutella dip. How could we resist? 

They arrived warm, the Nutella gooey. Heaven. But it did defeat us though. One more dough stick and I was about to fall into a carb coma…  
You won't find a pizza place anywhere in London that does such unique toppings, has amazing service and is great value for money.  If you haven't been already you really must get down there. 
As Elaine and I walked back to Liverpool Street station, we went past a well known, popular pizza chain with a queue snaking out the door. 

I shook my head. 

Do they not know what is minutes round the corner? I thought. 

Obviously not. And more fool them. 

Fire & Stone (Old Spitalfields Market branch)
Address: Fire and Stone, 4 Horner Square, Old Spitalfields Market, London E1 6EW
Other Fire & Stone branches in London include the original in Maiden Lane, Covent Garden, and Westfield in Shepherds Bush.
Fire and Stone website Follow on twitter here: @FireandStone

2 comments:

  1. If you want a great pizza this is the place you want to visit. The decor is pretty basic, but the food is well worth a stop. And their prices are very good as well.

    Pizza In Zion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this place looks AMAZING! Unfortunately though I am in the UK so it's a bit of a long way to go!

      Delete