Patty & Bun

24.3.13

After pizza, burgers are my favourite thing to eat, and living in London I am always spoilt for choice with all the pop-up burger bars and restaurants.  




I've been wanting to go too Patty & Bun since it opened at the end of last year, as have my burger buddies Lizzie & Nic, so on a rainy Tuesday night I raced from work to meet them and try it out. 

I say raced from work for a simple reason, as bang on trend right now, Patty & Bun do not take bookings so the queues can get a little crazy. 

We timed it perfectly, arriving just before 6 and were shown straight to a table by a friendly waitress.  

The menu was mind-blowing, so many great options to choose from, but as much as I love beef I was drawn to the 'Lambshank Redemption' - a lamb burger made with coriander and chilli, lettuce, braised red cabbage, cumin aioli and feta packed into a brioche bun. The 'Ari Gold' cheeseburger also looked amazing so Nic and I decided to order one of each and share. 

We also ordered the chips which were seasoned with rosemary salt.  

We were amazed at how quickly it came , we'd only just started on our bottle of wine, but we fell on it hungrily so much so that I only had time to quickly take a picture of my lamb burger but not the cheese burger!  




The three of us were silent for a few minutes as we devoured the burgers, making appreciative sounds, Lizzie declaring it was the best burger she'd had. I certainly agreed that the lamb burger was one of the best I'd tasted. 

Looking out the window to see the large queue forming we knew we'd done well to get there early! 

Afterwards we were keen for something sweet so we ordered a peanut butter and hazelnut choc ice which was delicious and not too much that we felt overly full. 



Full and satisfied we got the bill - my only regret being that I hadn't tried the 'Winger Winger Chicken Dinner' chicken wings but that is definitely on the list for next time. 

With the burgers priced between £7 and £8 and the chips £2.50, the bill was a bargain for how much we'd had.  The only negative I'd say is we couldn't help but feel a bit rushed to pay the bill and leave. While we appreciated how busy they were it would have been nice to finish off our wine without feeling the pressure to down it and get out!  

All in all though, Patty & Bun is a fabulous burger destination in a fantastic central location and well worth a visit  - but get there early or be prepared to queue. 

54 James St, London, W1U 1HE 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I've been wanting to go to Patty & Bun for a while now too! It looks fab! Will have to get on it next time I'm in London! xx

    ReplyDelete