Today was sunny....

9.3.14





Sorry to state the obvious BUT HOW AMAZING HAS THE WEATHER BEEN? I've ditched my fleeced lined parka and happily pulled out my pleather jacket and found my sunglasses. I still wore tights though. It is still March after all and early March at that. Lets not get too ahead of ourselves… 

Though of course, some people do. Glorious weather brings out the crazies and the over excited…. 

I've witnessed: 

More men in vests than I ever thought possible in March 

Several people wearing shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops and sunglasses like they were heading for the beach  

Two women fighting over the last disposable BBQ in the local shop 

About a million pictures of the sunny weather with exclamations of THE SUN'S OUT via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, any other social media - like we don't all have a window to see for ourselves that it's sunny outside (though I am guilty of such pictures myself… See above)

And on Brick Lane my flatmate saw girls wearing very little, vomitting in the street in a scene like (I quote) 'they'd just come out of a foam party in Malia.' 

So yes, the sun is out. And we're all excited - though some more than others. 

Us Brits, eh, we don't do things by halves do we? 

4 comments:

  1. I love that one day of sun and we all go mental, I mean it's mild but not warm, definitely not sunbathing weather or anything. But given that last March it was sleeting, I suppose we have to be grateful for some sun and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to wear my winter coat but glad I didn't! Not quite ready to bear my legs though!
    Lots of love
    Angie
    SilverSpoon London

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the end of a long cold winter... rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, seriously this country turns into some kind of Roman orgy when the sun returns.
    I am going to have to shoot the next man I see wearing a vest though. It's just not acceptable. Ever.
    EVER.
    London looks pretty in the sunshine though :o)
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete